Water mist nozzles are widely used in industrial life. […]
Water mist nozzles are widely used in industrial life. As a spray and spray equipment, water mist nozzles are particularly effective in desulfurization, dust removal and cooling spray. Let's take a look at the application range of water mist nozzles.
1. Fire extinguishing mechanism and scope of application of water mist sprinklers
1. System fire extinguishing mechanism
By changing the physical state of water, the water mist sprinkler system has high electrical insulation and good fire-extinguishing performance, and uses the water spray head to convert the water from a continuous sprinkling state to discontinuous fine water spray droplets for spraying.
2. Scope of application of the system
1) Water mist nozzle depends on the purpose of protection
Fire control fire: flammable liquid fire (flash point over 60. Such as oil boiler, generator box, pipeline), solid fire, electrical fire) centrifugal atomizing head, electrical insulation, such as power transformers, cable tunnels, cable trenches).
Protective cooling: production, storage, loading and unloading of flammable gases and A, B and C liquids, use of facilities and installations, chemical installations and pipelines with high fire hazard.
2) Scope of application of water mist nozzle
Substances not suitable for water preservation: or oxides, substances that burn with water) such as calcium carbide (electroslag)
Places of explosion or destruction when using water mist: high temperature airtight containers or spaces, flammable liquids whose surface temperature is often high), flammable liquids flying and spreading.
2. Fire extinguishing mechanism and scope of application of water mist sprinklers
1. Fire extinguishing mechanism of water mist sprinkler system
Extinguishing mechanism: endothermic cooling, oxygen asphyxiation, radiant heat barrier, wetting
Endothermic cooling: Water spray also has this fire extinguishing mechanism
Radiant heat barrier: The fine mist falls on the flame, and by blocking the air, the oxygen drops, the air cannot enter, and the heat cannot be released. The unique extinguishing mechanism of water mist is not present in water spray.
Wetting effect: Water spray also has this fire extinguishing mechanism.
2. Scope of application of water mist sprinkler system
2.1 Characteristics of water mist sprinkler system
Energy saving and environmental protection of water mist nozzle:
1) It is harmless to the human body, does not affect the environment, and does not produce harmful decomposition substances at high temperatures
2) The water consumption of the ordinary water mist fire extinguishing system = 70%~90% of the automatic sprinkler fire extinguishing system. Therefore, the water mist fire extinguishing system can reduce the volume of the system pipeline and the fire water tank, and the water consumption of the fine water mist fire extinguishing system = ordinary Less than 20% of the water spray fire extinguishing system, reducing the energy consumption of the system.
Electrical insulation: The particle size of the fine water mist is small. The test results show that the power frequency AC flashover will not occur under the three voltage levels of 220KV, 110KV and 35KV, and the water is discontinuous when spraying, so the electrical insulation is Better performance.
Flue gas removal: After the water mist evaporates, it is beneficial to personnel evacuation and firefighters' firefighting and rescue work. The volume expansion fills the entire fire space, and combined with the free carbon formed by combustion, it can effectively remove corrosive and toxic substances in the flue gas.
2.2 Scope of application of water mist sprinkler fire extinguishing system
Combustible solid fires (Class A) can effectively preserve flammable solid surface fires in relatively closed spaces, including solid fires such as paper, wood, textiles, plastic foam, and rubber. Flammable liquid fires (type b) are more flammable liquid fires in enclosed spaces.